I have always liked this time of year. I enjoy listening to Christmas songs, sending and receiving cards and seeing the beautiful decorations every place we go. People seem to, also, be in better spirits.
Then, everything changed, for the better in 2006. I became a mother. I started celebrating with my daughter. I began to see Christmas through her eyes. Back then she was excited with all the lights and decorations. Now she is into presents and Santa and songs and lights and decorations and Christmas tree. She keeps me busy and excited too! And I love this time of year, even more! Nothing compares to this moment in my life.
She knows and we often talk about what Christmas is about, what it means to us as Christians. That's the best gift we have received. Immanuel! All I need is Him in my life, directing my path and my family. He has blessed me in more ways than I can express.
This year has been a very special one. I started with nursing school and I am happy that I completed three semesters already. It has not been easy. In fact, it's been more challenging and difficult than I thought it would. However, God's mercies and help have sustained me whether up on the mountain or down in the valley. "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23. I turned 40 in August. Robiana had a surgery and started first grade. Robert has been such a great help. We have been healthy and no major events have disrupted our family dynamics. I praise the Lord for His love, faithfulness and blessings!
What will 2011 bring? It will begin with a surgery for my husband. I sure hope it ends with me becoming a RN. However, I don't worry much about the future. I believe God has a plan already laid out for me. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. Whatever comes my way, won't surprise God. He will prepare me to be the best nurse I could be. All I want is to be His servant and follower. And with Him in my life, I can be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, worker, student, etc. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14


No comments:
Post a Comment