Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring Break

Hard to believe that 8 weeks of Nursing 4 is over; I am half way done with the semester. Spring break began today for me. It does not mean, however, time for traveling or resting. In fact, the week is almost booked and I am feeling tired already! :-)

Plans for next week include time to clean a little, organize a lot, volunteer at Robiana's school, get caught up with some reading assignments and, hopefully, a trip to St. Augustine and nearby parks.

Also, I have been thinking about organizing a supply drive to benefit local mental health facilities for some months now. I decided this is the MONTH! Therefore, I will be collecting donations during March and will deliver 1/2 to Park Place in Kissimmee and 1/2 to Lakeside in Orlando.

I posted a message in my FB page about this. This is what it says:

Have you ever thought of helping others but did not know how? Well, this is your opportunity to do it. And the best part is that you do not have to spend much or anything because you can share an item (or items) you already have! YOU can make a difference!


Supply Drive to benefit individuals suffering from mental illnesses


Many individuals going to a mental health facility are homeless or are unable to meet their basic needs: without clothes, shelter or hope. You can help by donating these basic needs items:

* Clothing, socks, underwear
* Personal care items
* Deodorant
* Soap
* Shampoo
* Combs/Brushes
* Toothbrushes, toothpaste

Many of these facilities programs use various supplies for therapy and activities:

* Art supplies
* Craft supplies
* Notebooks, pens, pencils
* Board games and card games
* School-aged toys (for sanitary reasons, no stuffed animals, please)

Also, residential clients are always in need of basic household items and decorations.

I will collect items during the entire month of March. Your donation will help individuals at Park Place Behavioral Healthcare in Kissimmee and Lakeside Behavioral Healthcare in Orlando.

If you have items you would like to donate, email me at robiana422@gmail.com. THANK YOU!

If you can't donate at this time, will you help me pray?

Blessings!

No comments: