Sunday...the beginning of a new week. It is morning and I have just finished reading the latest updates about Susannah and her parents in China. I found out about her last Wednesday while reading an email received from a Yahoo group I belong to (AWAA-the Christian adoption agency we used). The message read "URGENT PRAYERS NEEDED" & I followed the link, http://roomforatleastonemore.blogspot.com, and the rest is history. This little girl, who will turn 3, next month, has "robbed" my heart. While I read her story for the 1st time, I could not contain the tears. I sobbed and asked God for a miracle. I was in the library at Valencia Community College and sensed some people around might had been wondering was was wrong with me. At that moment, I posted a message to Leslie (the girl's mom), which I very seldom do on blogs (the exception was on Crystina's blog because I could express myself in Spanish also). I left the library and got in the car so I could cry some more openly. I called my mother in PR, a woman with such a big heart and FAITH! I told her about this story and I asked her to pray and have every person she knew to pray as well. She told me that that evening her church had a prayer meeting/service and she would share with all her brothers and sisters in Christ...and we prayed right there, while on the phone. I felt great, such peace... I knew at that moment God was going to work a miracle.
ENCOURAGEMENT: There are so many people, all over the world, praying for this family and following this story. GOD's name is being glorified, PRAISE GOD! His mercies are new every morning..and that's what I have seen every day since Wednesday. It is hard to comprehend why some children, especially, have to suffer and endure so much. I do know that God has a purpose in this all. I have FAITH in HIM.
After adopting, I feel this strong connection to other adoptive parents and adopted children. They are my extended family, they hold a very special place in my heart. I rejoice with them when all goes well and suffer with those struggling with situations like the one mentioned here. This past May, after learning about the tragic death of Maria Sue Chapman, the daughter of Christian singer, Steven Curtis Chapman, all I could do was to cry and pray for days, it hurt so much. Daily I pray for these families. Daily I pray for the children left behind, the ones waiting for families. And in the meantime, I try my very best to make the most of my time with my special blessing from China...my beautiful princess: Robiana Silu.
Blessings to all....have a great week!
'OBX schoolcation' {respect for the Wrights}
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment