


At Orlando International Airport on Thrusday, March 23, 2006 ~ ready to begin our journey to Robiana!
This week promises to be a hectic one. This is why I decided to post a day early. Tomorrow will be exactly 3 years that we traveled to China to meet Robiana. Besides "Gotcha," it was the most awaited day of my life! We were headed to OIA at 5 am. I was so nervous but happy at the same time. What a day it was!
This coming Friday we will celebrate 3 years with Robiana and also Marc Anthony's 8th birthday. We are planning to visit a very nice park in Orlando and spend all day with the kids as they are off from school and my sister and I are off from work.
These past 3 years have been wonderful. I love my girl to pieces and can't remember life without her. She is my everything and I thank God every day for the blessing of being her mom. I also think of Robiana's birth mother-not only this week, or on Robiana's birthday, but almost daily. I pray for her and ask God to somehow let her know that the daughter I am sure she loved so much is loved, safe, happy and very smart!
I am also thinking of our travel buddies and all the families we met during our trip to China. Only 2 of the 41 families that traveled during the same time from AWAA keep in touch with us. This saddens me sometimes but I understand everyone is busy and many have their family and closer circle of friends. At least we do communicate with Sarah & Jose and sometimes with Allison and is nice to see pictures of the precious children that came home along with Robiana. Praying for you all and remembering you this week. May God bless you!
Here is the message I posted on our BJB website back on March 19, 2006:
4 days to go...week zero is here!!!
This is, finally, the week we leave to China . In 4 days we begin the journey that will change our lives forever! I am so ready to meet our daughter! I have waited SO long to become a mother and God is answering my prayer and the desires of my heart. These verses summed it for me:
"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him…" (Psalm 37:5-7a, NIV).
God is faithful and I give HIM all the glory for what He has done in my life. His blessings and mercies are new each day.
Soon, a new chapter will begin in our lives. I want to thank everyone who has contributed and helped one way or another, whether praying, encouraging and supporting us, or with financial assistance. God bless you!
This was our trip's itinerary:
Thursday, March 23 Depart for China ~
Flight CO 193 from Orlando to Newark at 7:15 am
Friday, March 24 Arrive in Beijing ~
Flight CO 89 3:00 pm
Saturday, March 25 Beijing sightseeing:
Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City & Great Wall
Sunday, March 26 Church service & Summer Palace
Late afternoon flight to Chengdu
Monday, March 27 Meet Robiana Silu!
Tuesday, March 28 to Paperwork, sightseeing & shopping
Thursday, March 30
Friday, March 31 Afternoon flight to Guangzhou
Saturday, April 1 Robiana Silu’s Medical Exam & sightseeing
Sunday, April 2 Filling out consulate forms & shopping
Monday, April 3 Consulate appointment at 9:00 am
Tuesday, April 4 Pick up Robiana Silu’s Visa
Wednesday, April 5 Depart from Guangzhou ~
Flight ZC301 at 8:20 am
Wednesday, April 5 Arrive in Orlando ~
Flight CO0372 at 8:04 pm


No comments:
Post a Comment