

Hello everyone!!!! I can't believe how long it has been since my last entry. I am so busy with nursing school. It is hectic...hard...and stressful. But I am so happy for the opportunity God has granted me. It is such a special profession! Can't wait to have the letters "RN" after my name. Oops, not so fast. This is just the first semester and I still have 5 more weeks to go to finish the FIRST semester. I like to daydream....and envision myself at the end of 2011. It helps me to press on and stay focus.
This coming Saturday we will celebrate 4 years of Gotcha. I see Robiana and I can't believe she has been with us this long...although at times it feels like much longer. Can't remember (and don't want to)life without her. She is so much fun, she is smart, helpful and so talented. She is also very strong willed and, um, curious, and inquisitive. Oh but I love her to pieces. What a precious gift! So going back 4 years, a day like today we arrived in Beijing after almost 20 hours of traveling. I was exhausted, nervous but equally happy to, finally, be in my daughter's country.
As I celebrate this anniversary, I want to look back and enjoy all the memories created so far. So much has happened, so fast! Robiana is no longer a baby. She will turn 6 next month and in a couple of months will finish kindergarten. There are days when I wish she was 2 again (crazy me, I know). The fact that I did not spend the first 2 years of her life saddens me at times. And now with my busy schedule at school and so much more to do when I get home, I go down at night asking myself if all these sacrifices are worth it...because I don't spend as much time as I would like playing and having fun together.
I love you, my sweet and precious daughter. THANK YOU for giving me life, making me a mother, and forgiving all the mistakes I have made and make. Thank you for "adopting" me as your mom and loving me so much!!!!!!!!! I have much to be thankful for...and you are at the center of it all!


No comments:
Post a Comment