It has been great to be off school for a week. I am trying to do so much around the house but know that I won't be able to accomplish everything I had wanted because others things come up...more fun things to do, like going to Miami for the weekend. It was fun! Cleaning and organizing will always be there...waiting for the right time. :-)
Robiana has been learning lots and talking non-stop about everything. Today she even got a hula hoop and she has been practicing a lot. She will even teach me! She is also asking all sorts of questions. Yesterday, she asked my sister if she carried both my niece and nephew inside her belly. And this evening, as she discussed the events of her day at school, as she lays down in her bed, we were talking about my siblings and she asked me how my mom carried 10 babies in her belly. So I explained she did not carry all of us at the same time. I asked her,to see if she remembered what we had discussed in the past (it has been many, many months), in which belly she grew up and she said in another lady's belly. Then, she added, "but she did not love me because she gave me to you." Oh, her comment broke my heart!!!!!!! I just wanted to cry so bad...but instead, I told her, NO... I am sure she loved you very much and that is why you are here today. God knew how much I wanted a beautiful, smart and funny girl..just like you. That made her sooooo happy! We hugged and kissed and changed the subject. She is now peacefully sleeping and I am asking God for wisdom because I know this is only the beginning of many questions to come. I thought I was prepared for all this, but I realize I am not. I hope our love will help her get through difficult roads ahead. Above all, I pray, God will help her and heal her heart as she begins to understand more about her adoption.
I love you, sweet daughter!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:
Sweet pics. I know what you mean. A lot of my younger friends are pregnant and Sophie often asks about why she wasn't in my tummy. It is difficult to convey the right answers.
Post a Comment