Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another week...#41!!






Another week…another Saturday! We went to Robiana’s 3rd Build and Grow Clinic at Lowe’s. Today’s project was a spooky skeleton. Interestingly, I have been learning the bones of the human body in the A & P I class I am taking this semester. She pointed them out! Smart girl!

I was pretty stressed out this week, with two exams, and 2 more this coming Monday. Although I enjoy these classes and have always loved school, I never look forward to exams, projects and oral presentations! But it is all necessary for learning, I guess, so I go on.

Another presidential debate took place (last Tuesday). I was not overly impressed, and in fact, got a little annoyed with some parts of the speeches. Politics as usual, which I dislike. Hopefully, their last one coming up this week will be more to the point, where they clearly explain what they plan to do. Honestly, I doubt there is much they can do to fix the mess this country is in. It is going to take efforts from each of us, individually and collectively. And, by now, Robiana knows who Obama and McCain are too!

Robert and I celebrated 17 years together, well, since we began dating. WOW, 17 years!! I can’t believe 17 years have gone by…next month 18 years in the US. When I left PR, I thought I would only be here for a few months, a year the most. There were very difficult times but many more where the blessings have been immeasurable. There is no perfect person, so I don’t claim to be or have the perfect partner or relationship. Overall, it has been great. I have learned lots from him. We love and respect each other. He helps me so much and supports my ideas, dreams and aspirations. I pray he will continue to be healthy and we can celebrate many, many years together!

Robiana comes up with so many new words~ I guess some of them from school. She now knows the days of the week and what day is “today.” There is so much she already knows that amazes me. She also likes to help with chores like folding and putting her clothes away. She enjoys when I read her books. I hear her and her dad playing “Dora cards.” We are dealing with her not wanting to eat at dinner time and not wanting to sleep; 8:30 pm comes and I put her down but she does not fall to sleep until 10 or sometimes later most of the time. She is up by 7 am no matter how late she went to bed. It is frustrating, and we have no idea what else to try. I hope is just a stage and things will normalize somewhat..soon!

Tomorrow we will see Robert’s daughter who is in Orlando (from NJ) this weekend for a wedding. We will meet her father-in-law and her husband’s family. Hope to have good weather and a wonderful time together.

And we go to PR in 2 weeks! Looking forward to seeing my parents, siblings and the rest of the family, even if it is for a few days! We are 10 children, 6 in PR and 4 outside of PR and we are all going to PR to celebrate my parents’ 50 years together…A LIFETIME! I am so very proud and love them so much!

Blessings and love!

Apache Blessing

Author Unknown

May the sun bring you new energy by day,
May the moon softly restore you by night,
May the rain wash away your worries
And the breeze blow new strength into your being,
And all the days of your life may you walk
Gently through the world and know its beauty.

No comments: