Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blog makeover!

Danielle finished working on my blog and I like the way it looks now! She has such talent!

Welcome February! My new nephew, Samuel Elian, is one month old today! He is soooo cute! Can't get enough pictures to admire him. This morning I took Robiana to her ballet class, which she totally enjoys. After that, we went to Home Depot so she could participate at the Kid's workshop, where she made a trinket box...a very cute one! See it here: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?pn=Kids_Workshops&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053. This is her first workshop at Home Depot. We are regulars at Lowe's because is closer to home.

Tomorrow we are going to Miami to visit Robiana's grandma, abuelita Maria. Her birthday is coming up in two weeks. We have not seen her since the week of Christmas. I got Robiana an used portable DVD so she can watch some movies on our way down and up, as she thinks is a very L-O-N-G trip!! She used to enjoy the trip but the last 2-3 times she has not enjoyed it, and she has been very vocal about it. So will see how this works!

While running errands today, I was stopped by a *nice* police officer. I have not been stopped since 1993 or 1994 while I lived in NJ. He told me how fast I was going, which did not feel that way to me, but he had the proof, I guess. While he told me about my infraction and asked to see my DL, Ins. card & registration, Robiana proceeded to tell him that she was wearing her seat belt. He told her that it was very good and he was very happy to see that because there are many times where children are not wearing them. He then asked me how long it has been since I got a speeding ticket and I told him 14 or 15 years ago and never in Florida. He said he was only giving me a warning this time and to SLOW DOWN!!!!! I was so thankful!!!! So, speed limit from now on! :-)

Lastly, I go back to work full time on Tuesday. Although I feel sad that I have to spend so many hours away from home and Robiana, I am thankful to God, my hubby and sister for the opportunity to spend the last 8 months at home, with a very flexible schedule and time to play with Robiana. It will be tough to adjust again and I am sad every time I think about it, but I/we have no other options right now. I continue to go to college 2 nights a week, so those 2 days will be very long ones! :-( However, I look forward to the end...the long term goal. Pray for me/us.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments: