In a couple of days November 2009 will be history.
To finalize what I started, I am also thankful for:
Nov. 19- my beautiful island: Puerto Rico! Christopher Columbus discovered the island in 1493 (516 years ago!). Often times I remember how it was for me growing up there and the beautiful places I visited. Many family members and friends still live there. I will always be proud to be Puerto Rican! I love you Puerto Rico!
Nov. 20- Volunteers- regardless of what they do or where they go, people who volunteer CARE enough to give of their time wherever needed. On 11/19 our school district celebrated a county-wide effort to involve parents and the community to volunteer at schools...it was called "Teach-In." I spent the whole day at Robiana's school. It was fun and worth it!
Nov. 21- our cars- because it would not be easy to survive where we live without them. Public transportation around here is very limited.
Nov. 22- our freedoms--of speech, religion, and everything else. So many people suffer and are oppressed in other countries, yet they somehow gather strength and endure hardships to serve God and/or help others. Read "The Voice of the Martyrs." We take our freedom for granted and I hope we will always enjoy this blessing.
Nov. 23- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSUE! This day, my youngest brother celebrated his 37th birthday. He is a true example of what forgiveness is all about. With God all things are possible...and he is a man of faith....very much like my mom! Josue, you are a very special brother, son and husband but most of all, you are a dedicated and one-of-a-kind FATHER. I am very proud of you!
Nov. 24- Facebook & MySpace- because these have enabled me to get in touch with many people I have not had contact with in more than 20 years! I can now stay in touch with them and even see pictures of them/their families.
Nov. 25- nature- I enjoy looking around to see and marvel at God's creation. Every sunrise and sunset in this state is a work of art by my Master....breathtaking!
Nov. 26- THANKSGIVING DAY! It was great to spend time with family and friends and eat such a delicious meal. Thank you, God, for so many blessings!!!!!
Nov. 27- HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, LOURDES!!!! My oldest sister celebrated a very special milestone! Although I would have liked to be with her, I am glad at least our mom was able to make it to NJ. Lourdes, I know life has been very difficult for you, especially the last 8-10 years, but you have been strong and you have trusted God. He will see you through, as He has always done because He is faithful. You deserve GREAT things and they will come your way...in God's perfect timing. You are a very thoughtful person....I am very happy to be your sister and your friend. I love you sister!
Nov. 28- weather- the weather could not be better in Florida this time of year. The past 3 days have been in the colder side but, nevertheless, gorgeous days!
Nov. 29- HAPPY BIRTHDAY ILEANA- hope your day is special! I am glad you can call yourself a cancer-survivor and I can only imagine what you endured during your trial. Your positivism, free-spirit and resolve are worth emulating.
Nov. 30- "Silent Tears"- this book, written by Kay Bratt, has opened my eyes in regards to life in a Chinese orphanage. It has been difficult to read at times and I have cried like never before thinking about what my daughter might had gone through. I learned that the orphanage she was in is considered a nice one and they had the services of a wonderful organization (Half the Sky.) I pray for the children still waiting to be adopted, especially the ones with special needs. There is so many needs, so much to do! This Christmas, let's think about how we can make a difference in the life of someone who needs help, perhaps, someone who can't advocate for him/herself....an elderly person, a child, a victim of domestic violence...whomever. Let's step out of our comfort zone...ask God for guidance....I am sure, He will show you who to help and how to do it.
Blessings to you!
'OBX schoolcation' {respect for the Wrights}
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment