
Half way through November...ugr, and have not been able to update it as planned. :-(
So through this day, I am thankful for:
Nov. 2- my husband....a wonderful and dedicated man who devotes his life to me and Robiana. Family is the most important thing for him and he likes to serve others. He has a heart of gold. God bless you, Robert and give you many, many years of health so we can enjoy our daughter as she grows.
Nov. 3- my daughter...you are the most precious gift in life. You also adopted me as a your mom and have taught me so much! Your resolve to discover new things and to learn are truly commendable and I TOTALLY enjoy time spent with you. I love you more than words can describe. You are the BEST!
Nov. 4- my country...what a blessing to live in a FREE country. We take so much for granted and difficult as it may seem, we complain for so much but if we only look further, we will see how many people don't have many of the things we enjoy but are thankful for the little they have. I pray for our leaders and for those serving our country.
Nov. 5- our family.....always loving and supportive. I am thankful for my parents, grandmother, siblings, nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles and cousins, in-laws and Robert's side of the family...close and far.
Nov. 6- my job...it provides an income, the opportunity to meet and help people and time spent with wonderful co-workers and friends.
Nov. 7- college...for the opportunity to begin a new career. I have always love to learn and going to college is a such a wonderful experience.
Nov. 8- adoption...this day was celebrated as Adoption Awareness Day... adoption opened my spiritual eyes to understand what means to be adopted by God! I/we did not deserve it but yet God in His infinite mercy, received me. But I also pray for the thousands of orphans waiting for a home and a family to call their own. They are in my heart, my thoughts and my daily prayers!
Nov. 9- Robiana's biological mother....for loving her daughter so much and making the ULTIMATE sacrifice to ensure her daughter would be safe and got an opportunity for a better life. You will always be in my thoughts and prayers. May God comfort you and somehow let you know Robiana is safe and thriving.
Nov. 10- our house...even with the economic situation at home and around us, God has blessed us with the opportunity to be homeowners and provide each month so we can make ends meet.
Nov. 11- our Veterans and family members serving in the military...we are very proud of Albert (my nephew) currently in Iraq. I am thankful for the those who served before and those currently serving our great country. I pray for their safety and for their families.
Nov. 12- health...because this is another thing we tend to take for granted. When we are healthy, we forget those who struggle each day to even get out of bed or who are battling terrible diseases, or parents' suffering for their ill children. Thank you, God, for my health and those close to me.
Nov. 13- friends...I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends! Some from when I was growing up and others I have made at jobs, schools and through our adoption. All are special and have enriched my life in very special ways.
Nov. 14- my dad....today he turned 70. It saddens me that he lives miles away and I could not be with him. It was nice talking to him for a few minutes on the phone. He is not a man of many words and has been misunderstood by many...but I know how he grew up and his character. With all his flaws, he is the best dad and I am proud to be his daughter!! I love you DAD!


No comments:
Post a Comment