2009 is gone, history. We spent New Year's Eve at my sister Debbie's house. There were other relatives and we had a blast. We left by 2 am. We stayed home on New Year's Day and I spent most of the day reading one of the two books my niece wanted me to read, "Enter Whining" by Fran Drescher. I have not laughed so hard in a very long time (sad to say). But while reading this book, I had quite a few opportunities. :-) Today I began to read the sequel, "Cancer Schmancer" which is less funny but equally interesting. I hope to finish the book soon as possible as I need to begin reading a few chapters for school which will begin next Monday, January 11th. This lady (The Nanny) is pretty funny!
Yesterday I had planned to spend the day at the mall with Robiana to use a couple of gift cards she received for Christmas but since it has been freezing here (too cold for Florida's standards) and Robiana still has a cold (3 weeks later!) we chose not to take her out. I did go out yesterday to take a test as part of the application to work for the Census 2010. My last day of work at the bank will be Tuesday and I am looking for a part time opportunity. The census' job is temporary but, at least, is something. I really want to see how school goes and how I adjust at being a full-time student. Time will tell!
And after taking the test, I picked my 2 year old niece up so her mom could finish moving to their new place. It was fun watching her and Robiana play (and fight a few times). Seeing her reminded me of when Robiana was that age...which now seems like ages ago!
This week will be time to take down all decorations. :-( And time to prepare for the beginning of a new semester, both for Robiana and I. I am looking forward to new adventures, experiences and friends.
Hope you all have a blessed year!


1 comment:
Happy New Year Diana!! I wish you the best in school, but I'm sure you will do just fine. : )
Robiana has gotten so big! I remember the first time we met (at Sarah's house) and what a baby she was. And now she a little young lady...y esta BELLA, como siempre! : )
Take care and I hope to see you all soon...que DIOS los bendiaga!
Barbara
Post a Comment