Saturday, January 30, 2010

6 Years Ago...


We were at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. Very early that morning I donated bone marrow for a little girl I did not know. I was sore for a few days but so happy for the opportunity to help her.

Looking back, I can see how that event changed my life-FOREVER. Later that same year we began our adoption process. We also learned that the little girl did not make it. I never knew who she or her family was. Nevertheless, I cried. I grieved for them. Six years later I still think of them and wonder how that family is doing. They are in my prayers.

Today, I remember that very special day and I pray for those who are waiting to be matched with a donor. I pray more people join the National Bone Marrow Donor Registry (http://www.marrow.org/). It is so easy to do. The chance to save a life is just PRICELESS.

God bless!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

WOW. I am just blown away by your post. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being a bone marrow donor & for posting about the amazing gift you gave. I can only imagine how your heart goes back to that day & what the family is doing now.

All God's best,

Debbie
Hannah & Lily's Mommy :-)

Debbie said...

my email is eriksenvp at gmail dot com

thanks so much for your prayers for hannah & for our family!! i can't tell you how much we felt supported & encouraged by so many ... and so many that we have never met: thank you!!!!!