Thursday, January 15, 2009

Half way thru the first month of the year

January 15th already. Seems like yesterday we were celebrating the New Year. Life goes on and days past pretty fast...as you get older, it seems time goes faster, doesn't it? Well, my newest nephew is now 8 days old and his parents are soooo very happy. I love listening to my brother tell me all about his experience on becoming a dad. How his life has changed and his priority is his new son. I am re-living the experience through his--his excitement is contagious! Sammy: I know you are and will continue to be a GREAT dad. God has blessed you and Magda with the BEST gift you could have ever received. All I can say is to enjoy each and every day, each stage and capture as many moments as you can through pictures, videos and journals...you will be GLAD you did and your son will THANK YOU many, many years from now!!!

Both Robiana and I are back to school. Robiana has learned so much. It seems she learns a new song every day in school. She is writing more and LOVES to receive (and send) "letters", which are actually notes were she writes: To XXX I love you, Robiana. ADORABLE! She has written many to me and her dad. And when I write one to her, which she finds in the morning when she wakes up or I bring home when I come from college, SHE LOVES IT! And treasures them all. Excepts for sleeping issues, I am enjoying this stage she is in. She asks tons of questions, which sometimes drive me crazy. But I realize it is how she learns as she is trying to make sense of the world and things around her. She knows how to count to about forty something. She knows her age, mine & her dad (he is not too thrilled about it); our address & phone #; all the letters of the alphabet; at least 10 words, if not more, of things or names that start with each one of the letters, the colors, the shapes, the days of the week, and she knows how to add and/or subtract up to 10. AMAZING, if you asked me!! She knows a lot more things that I can't remember right now. She also began taking ballet classes last Saturday. She enjoyed her 1st class. Let's see how this all goes.

This semester I am only taking one class-A&P II. Learning about our body systems is very interesting. This is the LAST class/requirement in order for me to apply to the nursing program. There is a 2 semester wait, so I don't expect to start before 2010. I am so looking forward to it!

Soon I will go back to work full-time--a job not related to nursing. Although I know it is what I HAVE to do, until I begin nursing school, it is not what I want to do. I have enjoyed spending time with Robiana for almost 10 months. These months have been GREAT and I thank GOD and one of my sisters for the opportunity and all the HELP and SUPPORT...and of course, my husband. As I prepare mentally for the months ahead, I want to focus on the additional experiences and opportunities each day will bring.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Samuel said...

Hi dear sister Diana,
I would like to let you know I am reading you blog. I find it very inspiring. I can learn to be a better father reading through your frequent narrative of your daily experience with Robina. Indeed Robiana is very blessed child because she has the best mother she could had dream of. As a sister, your are one of best sisters a brother could have. I have 4 more sisters that I love them so much and equally.

With love
your brother
Samuel